Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Selling Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 - For Spares/Repairs

Silver 1999 Alfa 156.

Car is either for spare parts or repair by someone who can tow it away as it is currently not roadworthy and needs little work before it can drive anywhere.

Car comes with many many spare parts.

However car has 3 rust holes in floor (not massive but defo MOT fail) from last time I looked underneath approx. 2 years ago. On the plus side is that I spent a lot of time trying to rust proof underside, and I removed the whole front end and rustproofed the metal underneath, however I haven't inspected whether this has actually worked as intended.

When I last started it about 18 months ago, it started no problem but I suspected one cylinder was missing. Made zero effort to find out whether it was plug/coil/injector/wiring/ecu/engine. It is worth of note that the air pipe from MAF to intake is missing and these cars will misfire like this, and also the petrol I stuck in for testing was so old and stale it didn't even smell like petrol anymore. Was unable to connect to engine ECU with a Snap On Ethos. Can't say whether this was due to me trying to use a shitty Ethos or whether it is a fault with the car.

Also I was planning on replacing the gearbox selector (I have a replacement), worn bushes meant the lever inside the car was sloppy. Ended up messing up the job and the old selector is still in there and might need to be cut out.

The gearbox also needs to have oil refilled (oil fell out when I removed driveshafts while rustproofing front end).

3 out of 4 main bolts for the slam panel snapped off when I was rustproofing it, will need to be drilled and re-tapped or weld the slam panel down.

One or two of the rear bulbs appears to be on all the time, most common issue to cause this is a faulty rev counter. Car currently has instruments with the silver dials, but I have a whole spare set of instruments with the sportpack dials (as well as the corresponding panels).

Sorry no photos or details about spares. I was planning on putting it up on eBay, but I thought I would put it up here for a few days at £100 to see if anyone here is interested before I try and sell it to some random.

Please note: this is posted in accordance with the section rules at: 16.19 7th October 2016 meaning non VIP's are not permitted to purchase or make an offer until 24 hours after this time. Full section rules can be found HERE please read before posting.

Edit: Mentioned it to a few friends as well so this may sell elsewhere.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 9th October 2016 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 - For Spares/Repairs

Dunno if your trying to give it another chance at life but I recently scrapped a car that was not gonna move and they collected it and I got £130 so that might be less hassle for ya.

Not sure if scrap prices vary wildly depending on region ???

Thanks to piggzy

Over Carl (7th October 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I just sent my cousin a message to ask him if he wants it to fix a 2002 that's been sitting on his driveway for around 7 years. I thought his was fucked but he said the only thing wrong is the timing lol. 7 years of just sitting there and all that is up is the timing and it needs a wash, what a lazy bastard lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Dunno if your trying to give it another chance at life but I recently scrapped a car that was not gonna move and they collected it and I got £130 so that might be less hassle for ya.
    Scrap prices seem to fluctuate wildly but a friend told me I would get at least 80 for it as scrap, then I think I've got a spare set of alloys for this which I'm guessing I could weigh in for another £20, so I am sure it is worth at least £100 just as scrap metal, could easily take off the cat and get a bit more....

However I would prefer to sell this £100 lump of metal to someone who may make some kind of use of it rather than just crush it, even if making use if it just means stripping it for parts to put on eBay.

Thanks to Over Carl

piggzy (7th October 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

What alloys are they mate? Condition of tyres etc. Would fit a 05 147?

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not certain of the size, I think 15/16". The type with 5 big round holes (I think they were called teledials). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_R...a_156_grey.jpg

I think the 4 on the car are in reasonable condition, just about road legal tyres, but haven't seen them for a while so may have cracked.

I think I have another 4 alloys that are slightly tatty, iirc two had very uneven wear (one side no tread, rest of tyre fine), and the other two weren't great either.

Sorry but the whole lot comes as a package including car, and I think another set of doors + bonnet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I know what you mean. Cars can be rewarding, fulfilling and fun. But when u need space to to
    clear out they can be all ache. ''Tis a shame, but shit happens.

I had choices to make with some of my old wrecks, but space was a premium and time wasn't on my siide to break myself for parts.

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you were round the corner from me i may have been interested, i've never got over joyriders destroying my 3.5L GTV, and would love another alfa to tinker with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sold elsewhere. Probably just going to be crushed