Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Best paid for IPTV recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie on hill View Post
    Re. VOD
    I've seen a few Plex VOD only services that look like they may be what you're after (advertised on cardshare forums, auction sites etc)

That's right. My Mrs wanted to see the James Corden Late Late show in London the other day as it had been on Sly 1. I couldn't find it on kodi at all and the add-ons seem to be shutting at a fast rate. ITV show The Durrell's is another she wanted to see which the first series was last year, but again in Kodi it was unwatchable. I like to watch a UFC fight after the live showing or a footy match again after the showing, but means to watch these have now gone. A Plex vod I did enjoy before the NowTv update was great so trying to find something like that where you can put in requests every now and then

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    apart from enigma boxes. any other recommendations? my dreambox 800 is a clone from the early days. very early days and have all sorts of issues with plugins. it's running Blackhole for 7 years lol
    I use a MAG254. Its only purpose in life is for IPTV. Its like running a sky box hooked up on your tv. The interface is idiot proof, you just need a solid provider.

Most IPTV providers give the full EPG and the bigger ones give you 7 day catch up and let you record certain channels. Ditch the kodi shit, been there done that. The plugins are hit and miss.

I am actually going through a few providers at the moment, When I find something I like (All Indian channels) I'll let you know.

Thanks to Sanj[UK]

cyprus (9th August 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    That's a reseller (Hence the URL)

EDIT: Seems like IPTV-Express have gone down the shitter

If users want to directly see reviews of providers (not resellers) have a gander on -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hK6p4Q/pubhtml

https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTV/commen...oviders_their/
    Thanks Sanj, that looks useful.

Has anyone used fabiptv? Pretty slick website, just wondering if they are a reseller?

I've got a months trial running on my Kodi HTPC and the movies 'on demand' is flawless, but some of the linear channels (SS usually) stutter occasionally. I'm on 80 meg fibre which is usually rock solid.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    I use a MAG254. Its only purpose in life is for IPTV. Its like running a sky box hooked up on your tv. The interface is idiot proof, you just need a solid provider.

Most IPTV providers give the full EPG and the bigger ones give you 7 day catch up and let you record certain channels. Ditch the kodi shit, been there done that. The plugins are hit and miss.

I am actually going through a few providers at the moment, When I find something I like (All Indian channels) I'll let you know.
    Hi Sanj,

I have an IPTP box with subscription that gives you access to lots of channels from other countries (i think theirs 3,000+ channels on it) - if you can PM me a list of channels you would like me to check for you then let me know
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

Sanj[UK] (14th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have toyed with IPTV in the past but never fully committed as I always had a $ky or v1rg1n subscription so never bothered.

However I have recently moved to the Netherlands and apart from BBC 1 and 2 I can't get any of the UK channels anymore though my TV. I pay for a UK Proxy which allows me to access on demand services, but I feel that for the price I'm paying I could get a IPTV setup.

Should be getting my LG OLED TV this week sometime and know that WebOS can't run Kodi, but there are some IPTV apps apparently.

Im thinking if getting a Mag box if I can't run anything from the TV itself, however I would want a 4k capable one for the future. My internet is fast enough here (300mbps down/ 30mpbs up) so I won't have any issues there. (I assume there will be no 4k IPTV just yet)

What service would people recommend? I have looked at Instant-IPTV and Necro-IPTV. Im not bothered by sports as I already have a subscription to a service that gets me everything for around £50 a year and has been solid for over 5 years for me (Service is closed to new subscribers unfortunately)

Cheers

Scottio

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can anyone recommend a IPTV service for a complete newbie to this? Is it worth getting a MAG 254 box?

(there are a few mentioned in this thread but from what I have read on the subject, things can change quickly)
    Last edited by Gunnzie; 9th August 2017 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I pay some guy in China $50 a year for a MAG sub which gives me most European channels and a full $ly package including HD channels. Other packages can give you on-demand movies/TV series but I'm more than happy with what I have.

Reliability wise, I would give it a 9 out of 10, sometimes a channel won't work but it's usually back up within a day.

There's no EPG but I can live with that. Quality is top notch. Like having the real thing.

Also another advantage a MAG box is the complete user friendliness of it. It acts just like a set-top box with nice clear graphics, channel lists and channel preview screen.

I've not used a paid for service on XBMC but my experience of free services has been a complete ball-ache. Constant updates, clumsy interface, nothing ever working the same way twice etc etc.

I can also say that I did not miss a single Liverpool game last season because even if it was a Saturday 3PM kick off, I was always able to find the game on one of the non-UK channels.
    Last edited by cyprus; 9th August 2017 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks to cyprus

piggzy (9th August 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have one from Eire but I ain't recommending it cos I don't want you cunts swamping the server! [emoji23][emoji23]
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

DejaVu (9th August 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ultimatemania is very good! They have something in place to circumvent the EPL court order.
    There payment system is Down at the moment but it should be sorted in a week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234