Close

Thread: Brilliant BT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Brilliant BT

I succumbed to moving internet supplier from Sky to BT after 8 no quibble years due to a better price and new customer promotion, after all loyalty does not pay! New line installation, £150 prepaid cash card, £40 M&S vouchers and £40 Amazon vouchers for taking out Unlimited Fiber, line rental, anytime calls and a £9 monthly sim; couldn't go wrong for 12 months!

Well that was the plan! Since it was installed in August, I probably have only received 5 calls that have actually rang through. 3 occasions I have had to report no dial tone. This is very concerning as the mother-in-law is disabled and we had an emergency call from her 18 months ago in the early hours where she'd taken a fall and was trapped and bleeding badly! Although BT state the problem is at the exchange, we have had an engineer turn up when we were out who cut the line and but a huge junction box in re joint where inside only 2 wires actually continue into the house. We find the internet connection drops regularly which isn't something I've actually experienced with Sky.

As with the money cards, we received 2 of the 3 but one has been ongoing where it's been reported as not received, talked about it to online support twice and also a phone call later, all to India, and it's still unresolved! I took a screenshot at the time of the offers and BT claim a £40 offer wasn't and hadn't ran for a period of time, even though it was on their site. They keep saying the £150 card is on its way even though I have made it very clear I had already received and activated it! It's like dealing with robots who can't comprehend what you tell them!

As for trying to talk to someone who has more weight to deal with this mess, no contact details can be given or found, just online procedures! I couldn't recommend them after this mess that I don't think will ever get resolved

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Brilliant BT

There is a BT employee on here I believe by the name TrueBlue or similar. Perhaps PM him. Been with BT again after a 10 year gap and glad I moved back..

For me SO MUCH better than all the LLU rubbish I had been putting up with from Sky, Talk talk, Plus net e.t.c

Thanks to piggzy

dainese (22nd November 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would say the work that happened outside your house was to switch the pairs that go to the exchange which "should" have fixed the problem if the problem is at the exchange. Seen a few of these over the years. Every house has two pairs running to it but there's no point extending both pairs within the house as if there is no access and a fault needs diagnosing it is easier to do this. They can then switch pairs etc. without you needing to be in. I would imagine in your case after switching pairs if the problem persists they will probably now need access. Have you tried plugging directly in to the test socket (behind the master socket)? This will rule out any internal cabling/extension issues.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

2 Thanks given to EvilBoB

dainese (22nd November 2016),  piggzy (21st November 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

That makes sense. They say it's a problem at the exchange. I just couldn't understand why the wire is something like 6 or 8 core and only 2 carry on after this split!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i work for bt mate there isnt much i can do with faults as i dont deal with them mate, but i can get you an email address of someone uptop mate if you want, i find that is the best way to resolve anything, will grab a few emails address tomorrow mate and send them to you mate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was having some issues and just mailed the address on this page:

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=9591

Everything was sorted literally within hours from sending the email!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the replies. They have again managed to get the phone working and I'm still waiting for the gift card in the post. I'll definitely email someone as I can't afford it being down again with the mother-in-laws situation.