Every once in awhile I see in the InfoSec funny stories, I would class as ironic!

So many prisoners are looked down upon as stupid or thick, but then you also have the others, whom have more knowledge than you could imagine.

Some hackers, not the old 80's blackhats, but the redhats of todays society. You don't mess with, unless you don't want to live anymore.

Kevin Mitnick, was a blackhat whom started with phone-phreaking, even I used to do it in public phone boxes using a homemade tone generator. He was at the top of the FBI's most wanted list for 4 years. He was always a step ahead because he was hacking the FBI to see how close they were. When he was sentenced the prosecution stated that he should serve at least one year in solitary because he could possibly launch missiles over the phone via NORAD.

And, recently I come across this story - they actually sneaked pc parts through security check points - connected to the prison network and started hacking again!

Inmates hid self-built PCs in the ceiling and connected them to prison network
https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/security-data-protection/inmates-hid-self-built-pcs-ceiling-connected-prison-network