Not much of a miner to be honest. I tend to just let the PC mine for a few hours here and there if I am going out and need to leave PC on.
By no means do I mine daily, often go days and forget to mine anything but I noticed recently (after someone on a group mentioning it) that the XMR difficulty had dropped or had an adjustment so I thought I would give it a try.

Long story short if you have a decent GPU give it a go. I mined almost $10 in sporadic mining over a couple of weeks and my GPU isnt all that, so if any of you gaming monkeys have a ti1080 you could make a tidy little investment depending on your leccy costs. Electricity I claim back as working from home :-)

For any interested I use Claymores Cryptonote Miner for AMD cards but I think there is an Nvidea version. For a mining Pool I use Minergate but most seem to use Nicehash.
You can then withdraw your mined XMR to whatever exchange, I use hitBTC and then trade it for Bitcoin or any alt coin if you fancy a gamble.

I would assume that with a ti1080 you could probably mine what I did in a day, I am just using an average Radeon.

I might keep withdrawing until I have enough funds for a top Nvidia. No need to run it by the Mrs then ;-)

On a side note. With a good GPU you could mine about 500-1000 Bytecoins in a day. (NOT Bitcoins). These are currently worthless but no harm in chucking 10,000 in a wallet and sitting on em for a few years. You never know.

Happy mining.