Hi guys,

Hope someone can help. I bought a pinnacle soundbridge. Its purpose is to stream music from the internet and your pc (if you want) wirelessly.

It doesnt support WPA out of the box so had to downgrade my wireless network security to WEP for it to work. It then connected, and upgraded its firmware, twice. Supposedly this meant that it now supported WPA security.

I have a laptop that I was using in the meantime. When I downgraded the security to WEP I rebooted the laptop and it connected.

After the soundbridge updated itself I then changed the security (through the router) back to WPA.

It didnt work with the soundbridge. Apparently the router only supports WPA-...(something) while the soundbridge only supports basic WPA.

OK, so I rebooted the laptop again and it wouldnt connect to the network. Played around with the key etc. just various settings. Still wouldnt connect, I then returned the settings back to normal and thought I could live with WEP. So then I changed the security back to WEP and tried again.

Soundbridge connects fine and plays radio stations - cool.

Laptop still wont connect...?

It works with an ethernet cable (which is what im using now).

So the problem I have is this.

Im trying to connect to a WEP enabled wireless network. I have got it to a stage where I can connect to the network but the router wont allocate the laptop an IP address.

Any ideas? Not sure how to proceed from here...

TIA!