We have had a few topics on windows 7 where people have aired some of thier views but i thought it would be good to have a proper thread dedicated to this.

Before i start this list below is just my opinion based on my experience with limited hardware configs.

Using the 64bit version i have found

The Good
  • Move tasks around (at last )
  • Seems to use less memory (not sure how true it is as if you go to resource manager it shows it still has a lot on standby but only shows what its using at time in task manager)
  • Does use less memory for multiple open windows
  • Jump lists (i really like them especially just using the drag up way instead of right click)
  • Open new windows with middle click (not easy to know but once you find out its useful)
  • task buttons show progress
  • Resource monitor ha good info
  • show desktop by hovering
  • window management (i like the drag to side thing whatever its called)
  • monitor setup (nice gui thing to set gamma and brightness)
  • Appearance menu seems better
  • Libaries is good idea (and intergrated better than vistas search folders that do the same job)

The Bad
  • Taskbar grouped by default (i like to have many windows open of same program i cant wait while i hover over to click on them, alt and tab takes too long to find what i want when there are lots of simular windows open, Lucky ungrouped also gives me names back)
  • No windows media player toolbar (sorry hover over thing just doesn't cut it)
  • When small icons turned on the taskbar buttons have too wide a box around them
  • For me the startup takes longer than vista
Other points

Startup is much quicker when set to use 2 cpu and to have no gui.

This is all i can think of at the moment but it's an alrite list to get us started