I used to Love Formula 1, then Sky got it for a season (or two?) and I lost interest.

The last few seasons however have been great as the teams have moved forward a lot in terms of how much they can get out of the cars even with all of the restrictions etc....

What I don't agree with though is what Bernie is putting in place for 2010!! Not just 'Most wins and you are champ' but other little things like a spending cap 90% less than most teams spend now!

What next, Bernie will try to change football. Most wins wins the league, most losses gets relegated..... Senile old git!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7948455.stm

F1 wins will decide world title

Hamilton would have lost the title to Massa last year under the new rules

Formula 1 has introduced a new points system that will result in the driver with most wins crowned world champion.
The current points system will still operate to decide a tie if two drivers have the same wins and to define all other championship positions.
Had the new rules been in place in 2008, Lewis Hamilton would have lost the title to runner-up Felipe Massa.
From 2010, there will be an optional budget cap of £30m that will reduce some teams' spending by 90%.
The new rules were approved by the World Motor Sport Council of governing body the FIA at a meeting in Paris on Tuesday.
It rejected a proposal by the F1 Teams' Association to tweak the points system to 12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 from first to eighth places.
Instead, the current 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 system will stay in place.
606: DEBATE
Whilst I agree up to a point with this, I believe that the points system made it better, as it rewarded both speed and consistency

The artist formerly known as!

The budget cap is an attempt to make F1 more accessible to new teams.
Teams choosing to operate within the budget cap will be allowed more technical freedom.
Those teams will be allowed: a more aerodynamically efficient (but standard) underbody; movable wings; an engine which is not subject to a rev limit or a development freeze.
Teams can choose to spend what they like, but operate within more restrictive technical rules - and therefore have a theoretically slower car.
Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone announced his intention to shake-up the points system at the end of last season.
Ecclestone's idea was to award the top three drivers with gold, silver and bronze medals with the driver capturing the most golds crowned champion.
While the medals have been abandoned the new system delivers on Ecclestone's wish of rewarding the driver with the most victories.
The F1 chief believes the new system will encourage overtaking.
"If you're in the lead and I'm second, I'm not going to take the risk of falling off the circuit or doing something stupid to get two points," Ecclestone said in November.
"If I need a gold medal to win the championship, I will overtake. It's just not on that someone can win the championship without winning a race."
However, the new system could see the season settled much earlier.
The points distribution was introduced in 2003, partly to try to ensure the world championship stayed open for longer at a time when Michael Schumacher and Ferrari were dominating the sport.
If the new system had been installed in 2008, Massa would have been crowned world champion as he won six races compared to Hamilton's five.
The FIA also announced plans to publish the weights of the cars after qualifying for each Grand Prix.
That could give a clue to which teams are using the optional kinetic energy recovery system (Kers).
Kers, which allows drivers a boost of an extra 80bhp for 6.7 seconds each lap, weighs around 35kg and could tip some cars - complete with their drivers - over the minimum weight of 605kg.
To improve clarity, wet tyres have also been renamed "intermediates" and extreme weather tyres are now called "wet".
With in-season testing now banned, the FIA will only allow teams to carry out eight one-day aerodynamic tests on a straight piece of track.
Teams will also be allowed to carry out three one-day young driver training tests between the season-ending Grand Prix and the end of the calendar year.