Maybe posting here aint the best place because most people in this section probs already hav a DC.

Dreamcasts really are excellent value. You can get the console dirt cheap. The accesories r so cheap its like they r off a lorry.
For example I was buying a jump pack second hand from Game Station 2day for 3.99 (!) and wen I was paying for it it turned out it was now 2.99!

If you look in the right places you can get games for a quid (I shit you not).

Its got a decent home brew scene becuz of its apparent ez codin ability (www.dcemulation.com) which means you can potentially be playing ur old classics like Doom!

Games production (along with console manufacture) has now ceased but fortunately the games that were made are excellent and there is a huge range, sports (NBA, NFL, NHL, Tennis, Baseball and football [not really ne decent football game though :s]), puzzlars (Bust a Move), FPS (Quake III and Unreal Tournament, plus Outtrigger), Segas arcade games (Crazy Taxi 2, Sega Rally 2), epics (Shenmue) and others which makes it a great all-round console.

The Dreamcast doesnt need a chip to play the backups (PS2 needs 1), it has four ports built in (PS2 needs a multitap), it comes with a modem and it is small.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a PS2, its more powerful and it can have a hard drive etc.

All I wanna say is the Dreamcast is a complete package, you know exactly what you are getting when you buy it, and it wont cost you much to buy it.

PHEW, just needed 2 get that off my chest.