Hi

I have a problem which I need some assistance with please. I have had two users who contracted this annoying Fake Police scam virus this week, one on a Windows 7 laptop, the other on a Windows 8 PRO all in one Sony Vaio touchscreen PC. the laptop one I simply re-imaged. the Windows 8 Sony all in one PC one though is an issue as it belongs to our CEO who has a lot of files he needs to recover and would prefer we some how clean it or at least get his data off before rebuilding (btw we only have a basic standalone Win8 Pro image as our standard image is Windows 7 which we deploy with SCCM, we only have the Win 8 image for these 2 x Sony all in one PC's)

I know there are a few malware removal tools out there which I can run, but to use these I would need to atleast be logged into Windows which I cannot currently do as

1. the infected machine is 200 miles away in London and has been removed from the network
2. once I get down to it on Tuesday I suspect im not going to be able to get onto windows to select advanced boot options so it can reboot with the option of safe mode

the research I have done all suggest booting into safe mode and to then either run some removal tool such as malwarebytes or McAfee stinger (not sure what the best option is yet) but my first barrier will be getting into safe mode. I guess I could boot with the Win image USB disk which should provide me with some options, will one of them be boot options??

im not a desktop engineer btw, we have a new guy starting in 3 weeks but I cant wait that long

any advice/assistance will be much appreciated