I know this has been asked many times and I've already searched and researched the answer but second opinions are always welcomed.

Binned sky TV, BB and phoneline last night as I've just had enough of paying £50 a month, especially the TV side of things that we no longer watch, and they couldn't offer a decent retention deal. Was offered £10 line rental, free BB and £1.50 off my Variety pack = £36.50 pm. As I paid 12m line rental up front last year it's actually a £1.50 INCREASE on what I've been paying recently.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the phone and BB service from Sky but I don't like being held to ransom for not having TV with them so now looking to go with ee thru' MSE which should give my comparative phone and BB service to the Sky I'm currently getting.

TV-wise, Movies and Sports went ages ago and not been missed due to online content and other means of watching satellite - I have a VU+ solo clone and an old original Openbox.

Now that my TV pack will finish 18th Oct I have until then to make my mind up on a replacement STB for the living room that records.

Unless I can be advised otherwise, I think I'm going Freesat rather than Freeview and buy a Humax HDR-1000S.

Question is, are there any better alternatives to the Humax for similar money.