Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default family tax credits

We currently get somethign like £6.50 per week, due to my income being 'too high'.

I am currently contemplating becoming limited company status for my job, and as a result would pay myself a minimum wage. So in effect, probably halving my income on paper as an employee, as the income then becomes company money.

would this mean we could then be entitled to more in tax credits?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: family tax credits

So you pay yourself less to gain from others tax? Brilliant idea, I always love a resourceful bit of British ingenuity.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hear self employed people talk about similar type things a lot (maybe not minimum wage). Is this normal practice? Sounds like it's bordering on fraud to me?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Sounds like it's bordering on fraud to me?
    Sounds like theft to me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surely to access the company money it must be paid to you in some form or you have to declare it somehow I can't imagine its that easy

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by steiff1 View Post
    We currently get somethign like £6.50 per week, due to my income being 'too high'.
    You must be on close 50k as a family if that's all you get? Depends on how many kids you've got but it sounds like you don't need the extra help. I can't wait to start my new job and stop depending on the state

Thanks
    Karma Level

Muggy cunt

Thanks
    Karma Level

the LTD company is a tax dodge i do it myself, but its not for that mate, as your income will be the same all be it via different ways, ull take say 7k a year PAYE the rest wil come in divi's or director loans, all taxable but a better rate.

wont be long and they will clamp down on LTD but its the only thing left so they cant really clamp down to much as all the MPs are at it aswell

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

just so im clear on this, your looking into ways of dodging tax so you can claim more?

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's a loophole. It's not illegal, and while I think it should be shut, I am sure many people would do the same if it reduced their tax and NI contributions. I know I would. And while a lot of people on here may make comments against me, I'd take that because I'd pay next to no tax.

However....

Then topping up with family tax credits is really pushing it. It's not really what it's for is it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Makes me laugh, people talk about making a few quid from the government whether it be a tax fiddle/dodge etc and folk scream theft/fraud.

Watching Tv chans YOU haven't paid for or films you download or games you download to "try before you buy" it's all fucking stealing no matter how much you want to sugar coat it.

Moral ground is a multi level thing but all means the same shit.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with consoles.
    This thread is a perfect example of why many people do not post on DF anymore. There are too many people with double standards who just want to flame whenever they get chance. Anyone who flames this thread should check their own post History to see how much of a goody two shoes you really are !

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am not going to miss anyone on here who can't tell the difference between cheating the benefits system and getting a dodgy DVD to watch.

There is no moral high ground, people simply have morals.

Increased benefit fraud = higher rates for everyone as the book has to balance somewhere, you may as well take it out of our pockets.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it's a lot to do with jealousy it pisses me off to see people who don't work have the same lifestyle as me and the wife who both work, but i'm under no illusion that if everyone fiddling benefits were caught tomorrow i would be better off i just think they'd be worse off and i'd be the same so ultimately i couldn't really give a fuck.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apples and pears consoles

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by steiff1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    You must be on close 50k as a family if that's all you get?
    Not sure how it's worked out but just as a comparison, our annual income is less than half of that and we get £9.79 a week.

Scruples aside, I couldn't fiddle anything like that. I wouldn't sleep

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    I think it's a lot to do with jealousy it pisses me off to see people who don't work have the same lifestyle as me and the wife who both work, but i'm under no illusion that if everyone fiddling benefits were caught tomorrow i would be better off i just think they'd be worse off and i'd be the same so ultimately i couldn't really give a fuck.
    Exactly and benefits and benefit cheats are the main stay of the media in any recession yet are a tiny fraction of the mass loss of tax payers income and a drop in the ocean compared to the legal loopholes used to avoid paying tax, loopholes and legislation in existence for the rich and kept in place by the ones in power as they are the ones taking most advantage of them.

Had this discussion many times and often someone will get on their high horse thinking I am condoning or excusing benefit fraud I am not I am simply pointing out this is again the conversation they want you to be having as it distracts from the 100 billion plus a year lost by non doms, millions stolen from the euro funds, billions avoided each year in tax by loopholes they won't close because the people making and the laws all take advantage of these loopholes, the home switching by MP's to avoid capital gains tax is a good example no plans to close that why?

As for the comments on comparing it to gaining services without paying this is a poor comparison as you are making the presumption there is actually a loss and thus far they have never actually shown any convincing evidence there is as the presumption is people who buy pirate software or gain services they don't pay for would pay for them should they not be able to get them either cheap or free and these are private companies so even if you accept lost revenue only a fraction would ever return to public funds also remembering they take advantage of the tax loopholes and negotiated tax rates Joe public is not able to.

Quote Originally Posted by flik View Post
    This thread is a perfect example of why many people do not post on DF anymore. There are too many people with double standards who just want to flame whenever they get chance. Anyone who flames this thread should check their own post History to see how much of a goody two shoes you really are !
    I have seen threads like this since the day I registered on the forum so don't agree

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't agree back in the day, more people came here to learn, now it's just keyboard gangsters shouting abuse, when in real life they couldn't fight sleep.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flypitcher View Post
    I don't agree back in the day, more people came here to learn, now it's just keyboard gangsters shouting abuse, when in real life they couldn't fight sleep.
    The forum has changed as have times but THIS has not, one thing I have notice is people dragging things off topic without adding anything constructive, useful or informative to the topic which often makes people not post or reply.

Thanks
    Karma Level

'Moral' or not, if it's something that's done by a lot of business' and not illigal, then it's the law that needs changing if people have a gripe with it. Doubt that'll happen though as that's one incentive the multi-billion pound companies use.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast