Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: World Cup 2018: England beat Colombia on penalties

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Happy days staves off the mindless mini-riot that will happen in my city if they don't win...........Which violent city am I talking about....Canterbury lol. I guarantee if England go out of the tournament there will be broken windows damaged cars and street furniture with bins all over the ship. I don't know what it's like in the towns and cities you guys live in but EVERY major tournament that England have ever qualified in the 20 odd years I have been in Canterbury has ended in some form of the above. BTW I being a surly jock.......support England and also can't handle the bloody pens lol.
    Canterbury ends up like that after most Ffriday nights :-D

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: World Cup 2018: England beat Colombia on penalties

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    Canterbury ends up like that after most Ffriday nights :-D
    Oi oi oi Im almost considered a local these days steady on old chap lol. It's weird you know, I have been coming down here since I was 3 years old - mum's sisters both married Scottish guys (as did my mum) and the two sisters moved down here and set up home/family. Anyway back story out the way - I always thought of Canterbury as a quiet holy type city with zero crime...lol the innocence of youth. But since having lived down here for most of my adult life off and on I can safely say my eyes have opened lol.
    The locals are just the same as anywhere - even central Scotland where I am from lol. Couple that with two universities and a couple of colleges with a combined total of 40k adult students....You can see actually Canterbury is "buzzing" lol.
    Anyway back to the England games - You lot don't make it any easier on my old ticker.....Scotland are the past masters at it...but to have a 2nd adopted team put me through the mill like they have for ever is just unfair.....Why couldn't my relatives have moved to Brazil or something FFS !!
    Sweden next, Don't write them off. England will need to up their game - but then apart from the press from the panam game onwards everyone with knowledge of England and the squad ect all knew that England were not "supposed" to win the WC this time round - IF they manage it - It will be an incredible achievement one that I think they could match in 4 years time as long as nobody leaves/gets sacked ect...as that was always the plan - a German type team rebuild full of youngsters capable of playing and benifitting from the learning curve.
    Just imagine winning two WC's in a row lol - Don't worry some tabloid will get to southgate before that....as to them it's a build up and shoot down for anyone successfull.