Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned members

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Banned members

Just a suggestion......

Once a member is banned for any reason deemed necessary by admin/mods it would be beneficial for other members to see the reasons behind it.

I'm not mentioning any names and would never question any banning but for community spirit I feel a username, length of ban and the reason for the ban would not only warn new and existing members what you can be banned for but also clear up any uncertainty as to why an experienced member has been banned and for how long.

Like I said it's just a suggestion.

2 Thanks given to Rhinoz

Hangman (1st June 2014),  tempralflux (2nd June 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Banned members

You mean like this I thought it was a public section so you could see it but if it isn't I'm sure we can make it public. Not all bans show up as to create a log for each new sit up who is leeching would take a while.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    You mean like this I thought it was a public section so you could see it but if it isn't I'm sure we can make it public. Not all bans show up as to create a log for each new sit up who is leeching would take a while.
    That's the fella. Disappeared into a closed forum a little while ago. I used to like CJ's reasons, because they were so imiginative, and generally depraved.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that section has to be updated manually. . . .it really adds to the time taken over simple bans, maybe we could just do it for bans on members who have been around for a while?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

I Black Belt (1st June 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I think that section has to be updated manually. . . .it really adds to the time taken over simple bans, maybe we could just do it for bans on members who have been around for a while?
    Maybe, or for those who seem ok and then suddenly go as well - or perhaps the wacky bans. I agree the spammers and post count boosters have no place in there - just more clutter.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I try and put a reason in when I ban someone. Only fair.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Love the banned list and the comments as to why. Agree that it shouldn't include the spammers or obvious leeches

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to put them in all the time but stopped because we had so many, new joiners should be excluded but happy to start using it again for established members. . .

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I can't see it!

I wanted to know why Goldberg and Macmillan got banned

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's VIP only these days.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Any reason why it's only VIP as stated may be good for every one to see why some one hasten banned

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    I can't see it!

I wanted to know why Goldberg and Macmillan got banned
    You really need to ask?
    search some of their post "contributions" in the context of the threads they're in and you'll quickly appreciate the why.

Thanks to I Black Belt

Mobileman (2nd June 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Fair enough that explains why I never saw any list regarding bans , I have no objections to VIP'S only seeing it, I just never knew it existed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't even know I could view that. Cool.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    You really need to ask?
    search some of their post "contributions" in the context of the threads they're in and you'll quickly appreciate the why.
    I'm guessing there may be more to it than just that. BB made a fair point in a previous post a few week back when he said that if you don't like what someone is posting then you can just block them in your profile so you don't have to see their posts. Goldberg and macmilm were the type to throw in a funny comment now and again but there were plenty here who also had a few laughs at their expense which I think they took very well. They could dish out the funny light hearted insults but they could take it too. There was nothing vindictive in their posts from what I could see. They were also long term members and I'm sure have helped many people here over the years.

I myself am known to throw in the odd funny comment, for example if I see a double meaning in someones post, but that is just me being myself, as I am in real life, which is what I should be allowed to be within reason. If you think my comments aren't funny and are distracting then block me or ignore me. Don't go sniveling to admin because I'm sure they have plenty to do and they don't need to feel that they are in charge of a kindergarten.

I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but I do hope that their post 'contributions' isn't the only reason these long term members were banned because if that is the case then quite a few members, including myself, will have to be careful what we post in future in case a small minority don't like it.

I go out of my way to help people on these forums, sometimes spending a few hours looking into something or creating a drawing or a template for someone. I don't mind, I actually enjoy helping people, but I would also like to think I can be myself in other ways too without watching everything I say in case it is not 'contributing' to the thread. (">

5 Thanks given to BigBird

jw_2000_uk (1st June 2014),  MHP (1st June 2014),  muttleymacclad (1st June 2014),  plug1 (3rd June 2014),  stevo25 (2nd June 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    I'm guessing there may be more to it than just that. BB made a fair point in a previous post a few week back when he said that if you don't like what someone is posting then you can just block them in your profile so you don't have to see their posts. Goldberg and macmilm were the type to throw in a funny comment now and again but there were plenty here who also had a few laughs at their expense which I think they took very well. They could dish out the funny light hearted insults but they could take it too. There was nothing vindictive in their posts from what I could see. They were also long term members and I'm sure have helped many people here over the years.

I myself am known to throw in the odd funny comment, for example if I see a double meaning in someones post, but that is just me being myself, as I am in real life, which is what I should be allowed to be within reason. If you think my comments aren't funny and are distracting then block me or ignore me. Don't go sniveling to admin because I'm sure they have plenty to do and they don't need to feel that they are in charge of a kindergarten.

I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but I do hope that their post 'contributions' isn't the only reason these long term members were banned because if that is the case then quite a few members, including myself, will have to be careful what we post in future in case a small minority don't like it.

I go out of my way to help people on these forums, sometimes spending a few hours looking into something or creating a drawing or a template for someone. I don't mind, I actually enjoy helping people, but I would also like to think I can be myself in other ways too without watching everything I say in case it is not 'contributing' to the thread. (">
    The only thing that went on behind the scenes as ever was a discussion, your use of the phrase here makes it seem like there was some sort of malicious connivance. Plenty has been written about it but we are trying to move on, if you want more detail ask the guy who ultimately banned them, rap.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The only thing that went on behind the scenes as ever was a discussion, your use of the phrase here makes it seem like there was some sort of malicious connivance. Plenty has been written about it but we are trying to move on, if you want more detail ask the guy who ultimately banned them, rap.
    Just to clarify: I was just responding to I Black Belt's post which made it sound as if the post 'contributions' was the main reason. I was actually defending the decision when I said we don't know what went on behind the scenes. I simply meant any other thing that may have contributed to their ban. It could have been the way they themselves responded by PM to a well deserved warning from a mod or admin. I have been an admin myself so know the abuse that some members are capable of behind the scenes no matter how diplomatic you try to be when handing out a warning. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I mentioned this when I defended BB's decision to ban MsDG. (">

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It was pretty much all there to be seen, nothing else of note, threads were being taken off topic in the most childish of ways, nothing wrong with that but it was just too much. Like all forums in the wake of Facetwitter it is a lot quieter around here and so the bs seemed to stand out even more. You'll know from your own experience how wearing it is to deal with all the stuff that members rarely even see (if it's done properly) the seemingly wilfully annoying and destructive behaviour on an increasingly grand scale just needed dealing with. Some had been disposed of over the last year it was just something of a schism at the end there, it would have been good not to have had to do it but it has felt much more relaxed since, we've had one or two potential 'characters' sign up lately, good news!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are they permanent bans?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    Are they permanent bans?
    Apparently yes. And regardless of what anyone else thought of them I will personally miss them here because they did give me a good laugh on several occasions. (">

5 Thanks given to BigBird

kroner (2nd June 2014),  Lou_smorals (2nd June 2014),  MHP (1st June 2014),  muttleymacclad (3rd June 2014),  ss30 (2nd June 2014)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast