Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Really weird issue with channels on a skybox f5s not sure what I am doing wrong help?

Hi all,

I have a really strange problem and hope some of you gurus maybe able to help me here with where I am going wrong. For some reason it makes no difference whos list I use when it comes to certain channels it does not work. It used to work before but then I changed the test list that was on the box and since that point when I try a test line sky the following channels dont work:

sky sports 1 (snr 71/72)
    sky sports f1 (snr 72)
    BT sports 1 (snr 73)
    BT Sport 2 (snr 73)
    ESPN (snr73)
    Eurosport (snr 74)
    Sky Premier (snr 74/75)
    Sky Premier +1 (snr 74/75)
    Sky Showcase (snr73)
    Sky disney (snr74)
    discovery shed (snr 63)
    nat geo wild (snr 72)
    Eden (snr 73)

So what I done was factory reset the box and done a channel delete and then a channel actual scan and from an unsorted list I was able to pick up some of the channels like sports 1 and bt sports but still not others. I then stuck aj's and 2 of the other peoples channels on before and then where the channels were not in any order they went into an order. However the channels that allowed the F1 and sky 1 were not working and the channel that they were working on in the unordered list had disappeared.

I have since used the new update from Det - many thanks for this and that has meant that I can get sky sports 1 now but the other channels still remain of - 498 on dets list is the f1 that works for me but the Sky F1 on the favourites list does not work for some weird reason. ESPN 0623 works for me but the one in the favourite does not.

Any advice on where I am going wrong would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by gandalf72; 31st July 2014 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Really weird issue with channels on a skybox f5s not sure what I am doing wrong h

hasnt all this gone tits up? could be wrong as i havent dabbled in to the sky stuff.

Thanks to consoles

gandalf72 (1st August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Really weird issue with channels on a skybox f5s not sure what I am doing wrong h

The hd channels have but rest is ok

Have you tried and update your channels and check the SD versions, other than that's quite a few servers been hit recently so check with your line provider
    Last edited by Mobileman; 1st August 2014 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks to Mobileman

Thanks
    Karma Level

rescan box

Thanks to toonarmynufc

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not used my box since end of the footy season, so last night. re scanned, added new CH list. and all SD stuff working now.

Perhaps we can put in a Req to DET to do a new CH List with SD at the top instead of HD ones // ;D
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks to BigBrand

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks all for the reply really appreciate it. Its the sd channels that I am trying to connect to I think (it does not have hd next to them). I have tried to delete all channels, factory reset, blind /actulal scan and then tried aj's list dated early july, cswaites one which I think was a version of sattv? Contacted supplied and he says nothing to do with him

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quick update, just tried a line from another provider and same outcome with the above channels. I am not sure if I have to delete old line in case that is causing an issue or not. I just saved over the line on the file and then updated.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    I've not used my box since end of the footy season, so last night. re scanned, added new CH list. and all SD stuff working now.

Perhaps we can put in a Req to DET to do a new CH List with SD at the top instead of HD ones // ;D
    He already has.....
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks to greens117

BigBrand (2nd August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Reset box start from scratch .

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks to bobo06

gandalf72 (2nd August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bobo06 View Post
    Reset box start from scratch .
    I thouhgt I had done a factory reset in previous times but it looks like I didnt do it right.

This time I went into factory setting and then delete all (done that last time)
    restarted box - done last time
    deleted all channels - done last time
    Done a blind scan - done actual scan last time - produced some fails
    Then went into update by usb and upgraded img (did not do that last time) it said it would factory reset
    Then updated epg
    then checked channels and worked.

Only main thing I can think I done different was the update img file by usb that I may not have done and that sorted issue.

One thing I have noticed is that I cant seem to find on the box the bit where you upgrade your mgcmd or newcmd bit I think I must have deleted it by mistake - any idea how to get that back?

Thanks all

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf72 View Post
    I thouhgt I had done a factory reset in previous times but it looks like I didnt do it right.

Then went into update by usb and upgraded img (did not do that last time) it said it would factory reset
    Then updated epg

Only main thing I can think I done different was the update img file by usb that I may not have done and that sorted issue.

One thing I have noticed is that I cant seem to find on the box the bit where you upgrade your mgcmd or newcmd bit I think I must have deleted it by mistake - any idea how to get that back?

Thanks all
    i will have to do this later has after reading this updated mine and was still missing channels and screwed it with a scan, will follow this later

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post
    i will have to do this later has after reading this updated mine and was still missing channels and screwed it with a scan, will follow this later
    Hope it works for you mate I was so frustrated could not figure out what had happened lol.

Awaiting Email Confirm dringhouses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

To get it back so you can manually or by usb do a new or upgrade your line (CCcam etc..)

Network setup -then if "camds setup" option is not visible now press 6666 or 2778 and select camds setup (make sure no options are highlighted when pressing 6666 or2778)

Hope it helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf72 View Post

Then updated epg

Thanks all

Thanks to dringhouses

gandalf72 (3rd August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi mate thanks for trying

i have tried :

menu> network settings>

entering in codes 6666,8888,
    3327, 2778 and 0000 but that seems to make no difference menu is still hidden

I have also just went to menu and just sat with the option of network setting, upgrade by networ and network app and tried to enter code there but same results.
    Last edited by gandalf72; 3rd August 2014 at 08:19 PM.