Close

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Zionist 's murder scores of civilians

World opinion is changing, more and more people see israel as the aggressor, it's only a matter of time until israel ceases to exist in its current form

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7800985.stm

Israeli F-16 bombers have launched a series of air strikes against key targets in the Gaza Strip, killing and injuring scores of people.
    Medical staff and Hamas officials said at least 140 people were killed when missiles hit security compounds and militant bases across Gaza.
    The strikes, the most intense Israeli attacks on Gaza in recent times, come after the expiry of a truce with Hamas.
    Israel said it was responding to continued rocket attacks from Gaza.
    Palestinian militants frequently fire rockets against Israeli towns from within the borders of Gaza.
    In a statement, Israel's military said it targeted "Hamas terror operatives" as well as training camps and weaponry storage warehouses.
    In the West Bank, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas - whose Fatah faction was ousted from Gaza by Hamas in 2007 - condemned the attacks and called for restraint.
    But Hamas quickly vowed to carry out revenge attacks on Israel in response to the air strikes, firing Qassam rockets into Israeli territory as an immediate reply.
    "Hamas will continue the resistance until the last drop of blood," spokesman Fawzi Barhoum was reported as saying.
    Israel also stood firm, saying operations "will continue, will be expanded, and will deepen if necessary".
    Rising toll
    Reports of the casualties in Gaza mounted swiftly after news broke of the Israeli operation.

Palestinian militant group Hamas, which controls Gaza, initially said at least 40 people had been killed when a missile hit security headquarters in and around Gaza City.
    That figure quickly rose until both Hamas and Palestinian doctors said at least 140 were killed and many more injured.
    Egypt opened its border crossing to the Gaza Strip at Rafah to absorb and treat some of those injured in the south of the territory.
    Most of the dead and injured were said to be in Gaza City, where Hamas's main security compound was destroyed.
    But casualties were also reported around Gaza, including in the southern town of Khan Younis, where Reuters news agency said at least 20 people were thought to have died.
    Hamas said all of its security compounds in Gaza were destroyed by the Israeli air strikes, which Israel said hit some 40 targets across the territory.
    The air strikes are the most intense Israel has launched against Gaza for some time, and come amid rumours that a ground operation is imminent.
    Israeli security officials have been briefing about the possibility of a new offensive into Gaza for some days now, says the BBC's Paul Wood, in Jerusalem.
    But most reports centred on the possibility of a ground offensive, and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was not expected to authorise any operation until Sunday at the earliest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Zionist 's murder scores of civilians

Is this a just response to a few firecrackers thrown into israeli land, n.b. stolen land.?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sorry but if youi are going to post this news then keep it factual and refrain from using titles that you'd expect to hear in hate preaches on the street infont of Finsbury park mosque.

FACT HAMAS called off the truce on Sunday and fired in 80 rockets on Israel on Wednesday and over 200 within the last week.

There are rights and wrongs on both sides of this issue but don't use DF to pedal propaganda please.
    Last edited by 4me2; 27th December 2008 at 02:03 PM.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I do realise what situation the majority of palastinians live in but they have to expect retaliation for firing shedloads of rockets into israel.

not many people mention the fact that many kids have been killed by these rockets set off by hamas etc, its like the old ira when they bombed manchester town centre, no regard for wether children are present or not. why hurt a civilian population because it will only turn them against the cause. get the leaders instead of the innocent kids etc.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

An incredibly disproportionate response from Israel. They're also talking about a ground offensive too, so potentially thousands of Palestinian lives will be lost even though no Israelis were killed in the recent rocket attacks by Hamas.

Israel know their days are numbered and it probably won't exist as country in 50 years. There'll be a major shift in the middle east that coincides with the demise of the US and the emergence of China. Personally I can't wait.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Israel's defence force says an operation against Hamas installations in Gaza has only just begun, with strikes killing at least 155 people.
    Source: Sky News

Oh dear, looks like more lives will be lost on both sides.

Hope the international community step in before it escalates even further.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

no one will step in, the west support Israel, let face it after the war the West installed the jews back in Israel, before that they had migrated all over. Look at a map from before the WW11 and look at the territory Israel had, then look at it once after ww11 then look at it now. I don't have anti this or that opinions, all I know is it is not fair that Palestinians are being forced off their land.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    I'm sorry but if youi are going to post this news then keep it factual and refrain from using titles that you'd expect to hear in hate preaches on the street infont of Finsbury park mosque.

FACT HAMAS called off the truce on Sunday and fired in 80 rockets on Israel on Wednesday and over 200 within the last week.

There are rights and wrongs on both sides of this issue but don't use DF to pedal propaganda please.
    Crude homemade rockets versus F16s and helicopter gunships, the word disproportionate does not even begin to describe this massacre. This actually sets a record for the greatest number of Palestinians slaughtered in the shortest space of time. In Gaza there is no such thing as a surgical strike since its the most densely populated space on Earth, it makes Tokyo look like the Aussie Outback.

And surely you do not believe in collective punishment as a principle? The actions of HAMAS militants being revisited on the entire population. If that is acceptable, then it would also have been acceptable to carpetbomb Belfast for harbouring the IRA.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Crude homemade rockets versus F16s and helicopter gunships, the word disproportionate does not even begin to describe this massacre. This actually sets a record for the greatest number of Palestinians slaughtered in the shortest space of time. In Gaza there is no such thing as a surgical strike since its the most densely populated space on Earth, it makes Tokyo look like the Aussie Outback.

And surely you do not believe in collective punishment as a principle? The actions of HAMAS militants being revisited on the entire population. If that is acceptable, then it would also have been acceptable to carpetbomb Belfast for harbouring the IRA.

Its not a matter of what I believe or don't its about keeping things factual.

Also if as people have done in the past and I've stamped it out someone posted something like Muslim pigs after an Al Q attack then there would be an uproar. By the same token I also won't titles like this thread without challenging them. They are wrong plain and simple.

In both cases its taring whole folks with one brush the same sort of collective punishment you mention above.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its not a matter of what I believe or don't its about keeping things factual.

Also if as people have done in the past and I've stamped it out someone posted something like Muslim pigs after an Al Q attack then there would be an uproar. By the same token I also won't titles like this thread without challenging them. They are wrong plain and simple.

In both cases its taring whole folks with one brush the same sort of collective punishment you mention above.
    With all due respect, I don't see a problem with the title since to say "Israelis murder scores of civilians" would unfairly implicate an even greater segment of the Israeli community who may not have supported this disasterous strike. Zionism itself is an ideology and not a religious slur (i.e not every Zionist is a Jew and not every Jew is a Zionist). GW Bush and his bedrock of Christian Zionist supporters are testemant to that.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

well out of order this, hundreds of civilians killed for what

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by yus786 View Post

"We could have avoided what happened," Mr Abbas said, saying the Islamist group should have renewed the ceasefire before it lapsed.

But the Egyptian foreign minister has accused Hamas of not allowing injured Palestinians to leave Gaza to seek treatment, even though much-needed medical supplies are waiting at the nearby El-Arish airport.

Israel says militants have fired 110 rockets into Israel since Saturday.

"We believe the way forward from here is for rocket attacks against Israel to stop, for all violence to end," he said. He was implicitly backed up from Cairo by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas - whose Fatah faction is a bitter rival of Hamas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7801662.stm

Theres always two sides to every story.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by yus786 View Post
    How many were civilians and where are you getting the figures from ?

From everything I've seen and read most were Police officers and certainly haven't heard of the deaths of HUNDREDS of CIVILIANS not even on Al Jazeera.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive seen the news reports for isreal attacking becouse hamas app fired 80 rockets into isreal.
    theres fotos on sky news of the isreal attack and loads details.

i cant seem to find any fotos or news abot the recent palestien attacks on isreal though ?
    any one got any links pls

Thanks
    Karma Level

How many were civilians and where are you getting the figures from ?

From everything I've seen and read most were Police officers and certainly haven't heard of the deaths of HUNDREDS of CIVILIANS not even on Al Jazeera.
    The Israelis are just as guilty of using inflated numbers. For example they claim hundreds of rockets are being fired on an almost daily basis (110 since Saturday according to the BBC report), and yet if you look at the website of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it states that from Jan - Nov 2008 a total of 1,212 rockets have been fired (an average of 3.5 a day). More to the point, up until Israel's attack yesterday there hasn't been a single Israeli death in 2008 as a result of these rocket attacks.

So once again, was this a proportionate response?
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -X- View Post
    ive seen the news reports for isreal attacking becouse hamas app fired 80 rockets into isreal.
    theres fotos on sky news of the isreal attack and loads details.

i cant seem to find any fotos or news abot the recent palestien attacks on isreal though ?
    any one got any links pls
    You need to read some of the stories posted here fully as such info is enbedded in these articles.

Even on the Al Jazeera web site.

On Sunday, Israeli police said a Palestinian missile had hit near the town of Ashdod, more than 30km from the Gaza Strip. The attack would be the furthest inside Israel yet.

Al Jazeera's Jacky Rowland, reporting from Jerusalem, said that Israeli authorities were anticipating an increase in Palestinian rocket attacks.

"The home-front defence has drawn up action plans for people living within 30km of the Gaza Strip, people living in those areas have strict instructions to stay within range of a bomb shelter and not to gather outdoors in large groups," she said.

"Some defence officials are anticipating that up to 200 rockets a day could be fired from Gaza."

At least one Israeli was killed and six others wounded in retaliatory missile attacks by Palestinian fighters on Saturday.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...652501306.html

Heres some photos of Gaza and the critic in me can't help thinking photos 7 and 9 a very staged and fake.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...led_In_Attacks

4 inch paint brush comes to mind with photo severn and 3 conviently placed babbies placed on a bed (photo 9)displaying no obvious injuries my critic instinct again suspects just for the benefit of the photoshot and propaganda value.

I've also yet to see any photo or film evidence of undernourishment of any of the people on film news reports the last few days. The even bigger cinic in me asks why are there such a large disproportionate number of Mercedes cars on Gaza's streets. Shouldn't the streets and cars looke simular to those in Cuba ?

I mean the stories we are being told in the media about the poverty and starvation aren't really what I'm seeing in the reports.The people aren't dressed in rags infact most are in clean modern western clothing. Compare these news articles with those coming out of Aghanistan and you can really see a clear difference.

I'm not suggesting for a minute that the people aren't suffering at all but there is definately a lot of propaganda coming out of both sides of this conflict.
    Last edited by 4me2; 28th December 2008 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

reading the al jazzeera link i came up with this...

http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2...459596978.html

apols i dont know to add the annom to.. but it suggests there that isreal infact broke the truce.. and hamas was not responsible
    they say...

However, the fragile truce between Israel and Gaza was breached by an Israeli raid and Palestinian rocket fire on November 4.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    The Israelis are just as guilty of using inflated numbers. For example they claim hundreds of rockets are being fired on an almost daily basis (110 since Saturday according to the BBC report), and yet if you look at the website of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it states that from Jan - Nov 2008 a total of 1,212 rockets have been fired (an average of 3.5 a day). More to the point, up until Israel's attack yesterday there hasn't been a single Israeli death in 2008 as a result of these rocket attacks.

So once again, was this a proportionate response?

The fact that these rockets haven't killed anyone up untill yesterday excuses this ?

Was the intent of Hamas not to kill anyone I don't think so somehow.

1,212 rockets fired since January well I'd hazzard an educated guess that half of these have been fired in the six months of so called truce.

Its clear that figures are being distorted on both sides and only a fool would think otherwise.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Heres some photos of Gaza and the critic in me can't help thinking photos 7 and 9 a very staged and fake.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...led_In_Attacks

4 inch paint brush comes to mind with photo severn and 3 conviently placed babbies placed on a bed (photo 9)displaying no obvious injuries my critic instinct again suspects just for the benefit of the photoshot and propaganda value.
    I looked through them and tbh I reckon they could have found a hell of a lot worse than 7 if they wanted to show us some nasty goryness. (For example they could have shown us the remains of the occupants of the cars in photo 17). As for 9 - I suspect they were trying to show how children young enough to be considered innocent by anyone have been caught up in this. Again if they wanted to create maximum impact they only had to pull the sheet over the guy's head with a caption like "children orphaned by the conflict".

I've also yet to see any photo or film evidence of undernourishment of any of the people on film news reports the last few days. The even bigger cinic in me asks why are there such a large disproportionate number of Mercedes cars on Gaza's streets. Shouldn't the streets and cars looke simular to those in Cuba ?

I mean the stories we are being told in the media about the poverty and starvation aren't really what I'm seeing in the reports.The people aren't dressed in rags infact most are in clean modern western clothing. Compare these news articles with those coming out of Aghanistan and you can really see a clear difference.
    Hmm, tbh I think I should take your advice and use a little of my holiday time to do a little reading, but if i can suggest possible alternative theories - Russia isn't short on merc's but I'm sure most people aren't living comfy, and it's probably cheaper to dress in reasonable looking primark than a full indian woman's dress - not sure about native dress of the palestinians myself tho.

The fact that the western propaganda machine hasn't raised this issue makes me think it isn't really one but as I said I need to do some reading.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -X- View Post
    reading the al jazzeera link i came up with this...

http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2...459596978.html

apols i dont know to add the annom to.. but it suggests there that isreal infact broke the truce.. and hamas was not responsible
    they say...

However, the fragile truce between Israel and Gaza was breached by an Israeli raid and Palestinian rocket fire on November 4.

I think what needs to be found out is howmany rockets have been fired by Hamas under the 6 month truce. I've seen figures of 2900 but these are doubtful but even if its a few hundred then you can't really say that they have held to the truce. People also seem very quick to dismiss these saying noone was killed.

People have short memories and seem to have forgotten that when Hamas grabbed power in Gaza they were throwing their own countrymen off buildings and cold bloodedly murdering them.

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast