Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Android/Desire Questions

Hiya,

I'm all set on getting a new phone, and the Desire looks the way to go. However after having a try on the phone in the shops there were a couple of questions I still had, so thought here would be the place to ask:

1) Texting, when you are half way through typing a reply to someone's text, and you want to look back at their original message, and then continue with your reply. Is this easily possible? As I always forget what people asked mid my reply, without wanting to lose my message or go through the hassle of saving as a draft.

2) I want to have a calender on the phone that sync's to one on my windows PC. At the moment I use 'Windows Live Mail' on the PC linked to a hotmail account. I want to carry on using my hotmail account. What options do I have available?

Cheers,
    [DF] RUDE BOI BEN C

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Android/Desire Questions

point 1 yeah no problem as the stock text is similar to the iphone, as in you can see both sides of your convo.
    point 2 sorry cant help i use my gmail account and it sync's that calender

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't use hotmail but i do have my calendar and contacts syncing with the exchange server at work, that works really well.

Battery life is the only downside....!

Watch out as well because the desire HD hits the shops any day now..!!!!

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As you have guessed you can do both.

1. To see the previous text just press the keyboard button in the bottom left corner.
    2. Also available via syncing
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds great then,

I seen the desire HD and the Z. I don't think I need the extras that the HD has - and I think it may be a bit big for a phone. The Z looks good, but dont think it is as powerful as the standard, and is obviously going to be fatter.

Just got to decide now whether to risk it on three network, as I've heard bad things about there network/signal issue.
    [DF] RUDE BOI BEN C

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by RUDE BOI View Post
    Sounds great then,

I seen the desire HD and the Z. I don't think I need the extras that the HD has - and I think it may be a bit big for a phone. The Z looks good, but dont think it is as powerful as the standard, and is obviously going to be fatter.

Just got to decide now whether to risk it on three network, as I've heard bad things about there network/signal issue.

im on three, work in london no probs at all live near Gatwick again no probs, i was told by there staff on the phone they piggy back off the orange network but for me they work out fine, also love my desire just the battery is a pain in the arse but no worse than the fellas iphone sat next to me!
    When I was born, I was given a choice - A big dick or a good memory. I don't remember, what I chose

Thanks
    Karma Level

be aware the desire also has only a small amount of internal storage for programs...i've had to root mine to make it a 100 times more useful, in regards to using the sd card to install apps onto, i assume the desire hd will have a lot more internal storage, so that might be another thing worth looking at

John

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jcat View Post
    be aware the desire also has only a small amount of internal storage for programs...i've had to root mine to make it a 100 times more useful, in regards to using the sd card to install apps onto, i assume the desire hd will have a lot more internal storage, so that might be another thing worth looking at

John

the 2.2 update gives you this feature, is rooting better? not something ive ever looked into as mines unlocked so updates are not dependent on three etc
    When I was born, I was given a choice - A big dick or a good memory. I don't remember, what I chose

Thanks
    Karma Level

rooting isn't for everyone but, i found even with froyos app2sd feature i was still running low on memory, when i rooted i reserved 512mb for an ext3 partition on my sd so basically most of the apps i install go there as well as some of the memory hungry cache, this has made my phone usable again, i flashed my phone with an a2sd+ enabled rom

John