Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default World Car of the Year 2015 is the Mercedes C-Class

World Car of the Year 2015 is the Mercedes C-Class

16_0.jpg

Mercedes has scored an amazing hat-trick in the World Car of the Year awards with three category wins

Mercedes-Benz walked away with three prizes at the World Car Awards 2015 held at the New York Motor Show. The Mercedes C-Class was named overall World Car of the Year, while the S-Class Coupe won the World Luxury Car trophy and the AMG GT was named World Performance Car of the Year.

BMW’s i8 was named World Green Car of the Year, while the only non-German winner was the Citroen C4 Cactus, which won World Car Design of the Year. The C-Class was voted best car of the past twelve months by a panel of 72 jurors, including Auto Express editor-in-chief Steve Fowler and columnist Mike Rutherford. It beat shortlisted contenders the VW Passat and Ford Mustang to the trophy.
    Auto Express New Car Awards 2014

Speaking about the award, Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of Mercedes-Benz, said: “The C-Class has always been a trendsetter in the premium medium-size category. This is true for the new C-Class as well. It comes to the starting line with qualities usually reserved for higher-class automobiles. It embodies what we understand modern automotive luxury made by Mercedes-Benz to be and has all the prerequisites to be a huge success. Accordingly we are extremely delighted of winning the honour of World Car of the Year.”
    German cars have dominated World Car of the Year in recent years with the Nissan Leaf the only non-German car to win the title in the past seven years. Last year’s winner was the Audi A3, with the VW Golf winning in 2013 and 2009, the Up! winning in 2012 and the Polo in 2010.

World Car of the Year 2015

World Luxury Car of the Year 2015

World Performance Car of the Year 2015

World Green Car of the Year 2015

World Car Design of the Year 2015

Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: World Car of the Year 2015 is the Mercedes C-Class

How do Citroen keep selling cars ? must be to all the folks who like to be different but don't mind cheap plastic design that probably came out of a kinder egg and don't want it to last.
    OR like the friendly helpful staff at the Citroen service desk, when it breaks down again with a random electrical problem.

Ted
    Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

Thanks to BIG-TED

Over Carl (8th April 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post
    How do Citroen keep selling cars ? must be to all the folks who like to be different but don't mind cheap plastic design that probably came out of a kinder egg and don't want it to last.
    OR like the friendly helpful staff at the Citroen service desk, when it breaks down again with a random electrical problem.

Ted
    Maybe because they are good solid cars with loads of equipment?
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Maybe because they are good solid cars with loads of equipment?
    That's a joke right?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

No. Have you been in one lately?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea loads I do the lease cars at work we get loads of demos in of new cars and I am unfortunately driving a peugeot atm - wouldn't have any French car myself they are shit

If you like yours then fair enough, not for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    Yea loads I do the lease cars at work we get loads of demos in of new cars and I am unfortunately driving a peugeot atm - wouldn't have any French car myself they are shit

If you like yours then fair enough, not for me
    I've currently got a Pug 2008 diesel from Avis as my UK runabout. I was given the choice between that an an Astra or Focus, and this is definitely the nicer looking car with a torquey, quiet diesel lump. It's got a big screen satnav, all leathered up and feels anything but cheap. I'd say they've turned a corner.

"You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Citroen / Peugeot have certainly got a lot better than they used to be fucked electrics etc but I still would not buy one for myself - as a lease or hire car maybe but not owning one

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a DS4 it's a solid car. I work in the auto industry. I have personally done work for JLR Renault/Samsung/Nissan Toyota Honda Fiat VW/Audi Ford BMW PSA TATA SAIC GM Suzuki Aston Martin Kia Proton Perodua SEAT. I work on projects from the design stage to launch.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to hire ars every week and sadly that was a lot of Peugeots, Vauxhalls, allsorts really and a lot of Citroens from Picassos to Grand Picassos and a C4 but had a 2.0l DS4 one week and the thing went like a rocket and was very well kitted out. Drove nice but stopped working with my iPhone properly after a few days. Had a DS5 which was entertaining as well and had a reversing camera which was weird but good. Again after driving a few I wouldn't buy one but they were better than I expected.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I drive Mercedes all day everyday (shunt driver) and although the S-Class is in a league and price bracket of its own, the C-Class is an outstanding car to drive.

The C-63 by AMG is an absolute animal and if you have the spare £60K knocking about, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Personally, on the subject of French motors, they should stick to food and wine!

German engineering is far superior and more innovative.

Fun fact:
    If you want to know what's coming next as new features to vehicles, take a look at the extras in an S-Class. They always lead the pack. Example, car seats fitted with Shiatsu massagers, full length LCD dashboards and rear reversing camera with parking sensors as standard. Most new ideas for in car extras originated from the S-Class.