Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Review Metareview: Titanfall

Prepare for Titanfall! Today's the big day when the big mechs come falling from the sky. Our review said it "isn't tuned to perfection for everyone yet, but it starts as a smart, swift and startling movement in well-traveled space. "If you're still cyber fence-sitting about the game.

• Gamespot (90/100): "The overarching experience of playing Titanfall is one of rejuvenation and reinvigoration. The sprint speed, the arsenal, the game modes, and more are all firmly derived from some of the most successful online shooters of recent years."
    • Polygon (90/100): "Titanfall may not mark the same kind of sea change thatModern Warfare started but the pieces are all there in a game that delivers on its potential as the next big thing."
    • VentureBeat (82/100): "For a multiplayer-only game, Titanfall should have some amazing options and ways to play. But it doesn't. It has a very healthy number of maps (15), but the lack of interesting new modes will make you feel shortchanged for not getting a single-player campaign."
    • The Escapist (4/5): "No game can live up to the level of hype foisted on Titanfall, but few games can be this hyped and still satisfy the end user. Respawn Entertainment most certainly satisfies, providing a solid shooter with a laudable amount of unique extras draped over a durable and familiar framework."
    • USgamer (4/5): "It's multiplayer-only, so strict single-player gamers need not apply, but if you're open Titanfall has a lot to offer."

Source: www.Rheena.com

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Metareview: Titanfall

I'm really disappointed with this. . .I like big bot games but this is just COD, tiny maps, shoot die spawn. . . . .not for me.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I'm really disappointed with this. . .I like big bot games but this is just COD, tiny maps, shoot die spawn. . . . .not for me.
    Yeah I agree, played the beta which was ok, bought the game as nothing else out yet. Hardly next gen graphics either 6/10

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I weakened in the end as it was nice and cheap from CDKEYS but pretty meh so far. . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I didn't believe the hype so i bought a PS4, speaking to some friends who did buy an Xbone and have this and they're very disappointed, i've played it and agree with them.

I was lead to believe this was meant to be a massive Xbone system seller???

Massive Titanfail imo
    Last edited by ilscuro; 17th March 2014 at 05:49 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm really enjoying it.....
    If your a COD fan i would be surprised if you didn't enjoy a blast on Titan.

Bought the Titan Bundle and i've managed to get around 7 hours of gaming in upto now, I just cant put it down lol....

Imo and coming from someone who just plays fps games the game is really fluid and well balanced, getting around the map is a huge amount of fun and the weapons feel good.
    The graphics are defo a step up from the 360 but i couldn't tell you if they are next gen or not as i've not got anything to guage it off. Game play is more a priority for me than the graphics which i think Titanfall has in ooodles. I don't think all the maps are to small but theirs a couple of small maps which you get shot at from every angle but getting to a high spot asap puts you in a owning position for the first couple of minutes whilst waiting for your titan to drop....

I am not sure how long before the novelty value wears off but as it stands it gets a 9/10

Thanks to JONNYG

Godsamongus23 (16th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Totally agree with above . On pc the gfx are amazing cranked up and love the controls and everything about . Enough controls to keep the simpletons away but not too many to put u off like a simulator. I got it from Mexican origin for 28 squid or 599 pasos and that s the deluxe version with the next year's expansions

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have struggled lately to pc or even Xbox game as since having kids etc nothing seems to float my boat anymore but a mate mentioned this . Thought I would take a punt and I am hooked . On every evening now . Breaking bad ruined my life for 2 months . Now this ! The missus and work collegues will be pleased

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bought this and me and my son are really enjoying it. Don't know what their plans are for DLC but I can imagine it will be the usual more maps etc. kind of affair. I'm not a big COD fan although I do like BF and this is something different. The more you play Titanfall the more depth unfolds to how you play the game.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks to EvilBoB

Godsamongus23 (17th March 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got it and it's good fun. The frame rate is shocking on Xbox one when there is a lot going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by braymond View Post
    I've got it and it's good fun. The frame rate is shocking on Xbox one when there is a lot going on

Shocking to think that this still goes on on a next gen console . Stick with my trusty 6850hd and core 2 duo n 4gb ram any day and if I fancy it hdmi it out to my 50" plasma and use a 360 wireless controller and pretend I spent £400 oh and still won't get low fps when is getting lively .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's a really good game but it's hardly a graphical showcase . It's only 792p and still can't maintain 60fps. It really does look like the Xbox is underpowered