Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Champions League - your having laugh

Spurs 0 Wigan 1

The players were unable to break down a defensively minded team. Teams will play that way in the CL and if cant break down a shit team like Wigan, how can we expect to do it against better sides.

Tactics were wrong and there was no flair. We need to buy big now.

Oh and if you dont already know, Wigan should have got 3.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Champions League - your having laugh

Be wrong if Spurs spend heavily for there 1st champions league campaign. It won't make the difference in making it to the last stages of the competition. I think it'll cost them dear if they try too hard in this competition and not on trying to achieve qualifaction in it next year. They don't have the experience in players or strength in the squad to do it.

United played in Europe for many years in the early 90's untill they won it in 99. They dominated the English game but playing different clubs who played in a different style is a completely different ball game, and didn't help having the 3 foriegn player rule in the early 90's. Spurs should enjoy it this year and take what comes. When they get the revenue from playing in Europe, then expand the squads depth and then hope to get further. I worry that Harry Redknapp likes to spend like he has in his past few clubs and Tottenham may do a Leeds! No-one saw that coming.

I wish all the fans of Tottenham a great season as they are a club that like to entertain and play the game in the right way. Enjoy what you have achieved and hopefully consistantly to so in the future.

Thanks
    Karma Level

and a lot of teams lose games after they play in CL midweek ask Sir Alex not pressing the panic button just yet!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Man U never won it in 99 they fluked it. The Germans were all over them, the post the bar etc.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunjim View Post
    Spurs 0 Wigan 1

The players were unable to break down a defensively minded team. Teams will play that way in the CL and if cant break down a shit team like Wigan, how can we expect to do it against better sides.

I dunno about that mate we have always struggled against teams that put 10 men behind the ball but did ok in the champions league.
    I think Spurs downfall won't be in the quality they possess as they have a better team now than we had in 2005,it'll be more down to inexperience of the manager and the players playing in the top european tournament.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Spurs 0 Wigan 1

wigan should of got 3? did you watch the same game? i totally agree we need to man up as we are gonna get killed in the champions league, but lets be fair here. Yes last year we spanked em 9.1, how ever their goal was as much a cock up by our goalie as it was a ok ish strike as he let it go though his arms, we had one spot kick turned down, 2 fouls go the wrong way, crouch unfit and taken off at half time.
    3 goals? are you sure.
    When you say buy big, like who, we have a good squad at mo, most of the time they play well together, if they pull their hands out of their arse there is no reason at all why this squad cant make it out of the group stages.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spurs 0 Wigan 1

Champions League hangover, Spurs will learn from it. Get me a ticket for the next CL game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lithho View Post
    wigan should of got 3? did you watch the same game?
    I got a season ticket. They literaly missed an open goal and then another clear chance about 3 mins later just before they scored.

As was said above, we have already struggled against teams that play defensive formations, but everyone says we have the squad, but we still lost.

I was more dissapointed at the lack on invention for all the possesion we had. We ended up switching it from one side to the other and then putting in half hearted cross for about 15 mins.

We missed Modric or any type of attach from midfield. We suffer when Palacios and The Hud play as we have no direct runs from the middle. They both hang back. This was glaringly obvious and I cant believe that Harry didnt see it. Must be the end for Jenus and Keane at the club now.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -