Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default arsehole managers

well after 10 years you'd have thought i had learnt

the reality is that arseholes never change their stripes, let me explain....

i work in the public sector, one of the jobs i do is IT related and this involves me doing site visits - typically to peoples homes.

i have done this for 10 years and i was provided with a parking permit to help me carry out the job. i often have to visit people quickly or with replacement kit.

with all the cuts my workplace will be implementing a 'pay to park' scheme.

so if i drive to work and park (i currently have a parking space) i have to pay £35 a month. now i know its only £35 but why should i be out of pocket to do my job? theyve already frozen my pay, stopped increments and now want me to part with £400 out of my salary. £400 to be able to do my job.

so i aired my views to my manager who in turn raised it with the 'boss'. i have not said i wouldnt do the job, just that i would probably cycle and that they would need to consider arrangements for kit to be transported (pool car, cab, bus, etc).

apparently the response was 'well i'll have to look at his job description and grade'.

im fucking livid at the response.

i work my balls off, i honestly do. i have always been reliable and productive. i took on more work this year and got shafted with no financial recognition (i had hoped it would have been obvious but i was wrong). i work more than my hours and never claim overtime (its frowned upon)

so after 10 years of being a problem solver, a hard worker, a fixer, a 'throw him the shit he'll sort it' person, i have contacted my union.

i havent been sleeping well for a while due to work stress and this is another reward 'up the arse'.

why does it have to come to this?

sorry for the rant guys, a problem shared and all that

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It sucks ass. I've grafted for years and for the past couple we've all just been shat on. If we had a union I'd have contacted them along time ago.

Hope you get it sorted as what they've done is really shite.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: arsehole managers

Thats just wrong.....Surely if you use your care for their benefit they should give you free parking or use of a company vehicle.
    Companies with an attitude like this wonder why employees just think "fuck you" in the end and just do enough to get by.Some companies have milked the recession big time at the expense of their employees with the threats of job cuts and the like.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My wife works for social services and they have to use their own cars for work and have just had their fuel limit cut.

The council did not like a taste of their own medicine when staff refused to use their cars and just took busses everywhere creating a massive back log of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    Some companies have milked the recession big time at the expense of their employees with the threats of job cuts and the like.
    Spot on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sad fact is when times are hard even if you are working for a company not effected or doing well they use it as an opportunity to screw their workers with the "if you don't like it piss off" attitude as they consider they can just replace you with someone cheaper.
    Friend of mine works for a company that has orders into 2013, have increased profits and productivity over the last 2 years while using the recession as an excuse to stop the bonus, freeze pay rises and increase workers loads while decreasing their entitlements, you hear many stories about wicked workers holding companies to ransom and wicked unions but a man or woman has a full working memory and remembers being screwed like this and being told if you don't like it leave.

Never heard of a company saying "Oh you remember the pay freeze you accepted etc 5 years ago well now things are good we are going to reward you and not the shareholders for a change"